SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:45:12 -0400
Next It is back:
Removed all of the files that are in / , /boot, usr/, /etc/rc.d/init.d
It has set up files again in /boot.
new IptabLes and IptabLex are now in /etc/rc.d as well as in /etc/rc.c/init.d

I built and run the "rpm" script and the number of UNVerified pretty large.
The common thing was that they all had to do with "iptables", and other
security files.
Since I have reloaded the OS once and it came back.  I will lowlevel format
the disk and reinstall and change all passwords and permissions.
The bad part is that the major disks containing our engineering files for last
15 years may also have the program burried somewhere in the 39 G.
There are also a number of new ports added to the system - !
The only real file I saved from the old OS was the CUPS configuration file.
I examined them but did not see anything that should not be there.
Will have a list of rpm verification failures tomorrow.
There were a couple of failures that dealt with "samba" - so they were able to
gain access to the M$ systems as well.
The thing that has me worried is that they are changing things each time it is
back.  Slight differences.
The US should just unplug China from Internet and a lot of the problem goes
away.
To night we will simply unplug the box.