SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pilkington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:55:14 +0100
On 30/07/14 15:40, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 30/07/14 15:04, Charles Elsaesser wrote:
>> Hello to all,
>>
>> I do not find right alsa kernel module alsa-kmdl for system
>> 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 .
>>

> As the rest of your post showed, the kmdls would be from the ATrpms
> repo.  There isn't a lot of new activity there now.  Perhaps the first
> question is - do you really need the kmdl?  In my experience things
> often worked fine without one, but that would depend on your hardware.
>
> If you do, you might try asking on the ATrpms list, or just waiting for
> a new build to show up; or do an rpmbuild --rebuild from an existing
> SRPM.  Other possibilities might involve the rpmfusion repo (which might
> not play well with other ATrpms packages) or trying a kernel-lt from
> elrepo.

Perhaps I should add another comment here, and a caveat that I haven't
had an ATrpms kmdl installed since I switched to rpmfusion several
months ago.  The ATrpms repo offers alsa-drivers and kmdls for
1.0.22.1-82 and 1.0.22.1-83, although not at present for the latest
kernel; but it also offers later alsa-drivers which do not appear to
have associated kmdls.  I suppose, but haven't checked, that they are
not needed. If you need something else, one of those might perhaps work
for you.