SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
SCHAER Frederic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SCHAER Frederic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:11:04 +0000
Hi,

For this specific server, this is SL 6.2. This is a hardware machine, dell C6220.

We don't have network-manager installed, and we don't want it : we do a minimal install and then install what we need. We know how bad NM can be ;)

All the nodes have the same software installed on them except maybe the OS which might be SL6.5 or 6.2, but we only have DELL servers which handle the emX scheme, so at least I can say it's happening on DELLs ;)

I haven't had enough cases to be able to find out anything common, but in the present case, the udev file was modified on may 5. 2014 and for instance we had no yum update around that date, which I thought could be a perfect trigger for udev reconfig.