SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Boy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:32:49 +0200
Yesterday (25 July) I tried to install SL7 as a guest vm on a 6.5 host system (install over network from the os subdirectory using an official mirror). I could proceed up to the message „creating domain …“ (and the new domain was added to the domain list in virt-manager). The vnc window opened, a message alike „connecting ….“ appeared and than the window got black and empty. Virt-manager indicated some activity for the domain, but after several seconds all activities ceased, nothing happened anymore. When I moved the mouse pointer over that black window, the pointer disappeared  (for the first seconds I could move the mouse pointer over that black window).

I repeated the very same procedure with 6.5 and everything installed just fine. So I hope I didn’t made a silly mistake.

Could anybody successfully install SL 7 as a guest VM?

—
Dr. Peter Boy
Universität Bremen
Mary-Somerville-Str. 5
28359 Bremen
Germany

www.zes.uni-bremen.de

Are you looking for a web content management system for scientific research organizations?
Have a look at http://www.scientificcms.org