SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:43:39 -0400
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You need to use rpmbuild and write a small SPEC file.  It's a bit much to
> explain in email.  I suggest grabbing this guide to get started:
> https://www.gurulabs.com/downloads/GURULABS-RPM-LAB/GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.PDF

The "Maximum RPM" book is excellent, and there are dozens of examples
of my work over at https://github.com/nkadel/ The
https://github.com/nkadel/prebuilt-jboss-7.x-srpm example may be
particularly helpful, it just bundles an upstream zip file.

Once you hae some basic files, grab one of my 'Makefiles' and run
'make build' to build it locally, or 'make' to build it with "mock"
and get a very clean RPM built from the current upstream RPM's without
any locally modified libraries.