SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Kay Diederichs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Diederichs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:24:12 +0200
Hi T,

sorry to come late into this discussion (I read the digest only).

You are missing the -t option to rsync. This will keep the time setting
on the transferred file(s). Since you are not using it, rsync does not
recognize that two files are the same, because their timestamps do not
match.
Using -t will "pay off" only on the second time you use it, because on
the first time the timestamps will have to be adjusted.

You might also want to try using the --inplace option. That might cut
down the I/O times on the target disk.

Hope this helps,

Kay