SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 23:19:41 -0700
On 07/11/2014 10:56 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:
> On 12/07/2014 3:49 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:

>>> Now you're starting to get off task... How can you sync something if you
>>> don't know if it matches? Sure, you can only go off timestamps
>>
>> How would I do size and time stamp?
>>
>> Virtually everything I modify will either be a different size
>> and/or get a new time stamp.  I can not think of a reason
>> why, in this instance, I'd need to do a check sum.
>
> Then you don't want to use rsync - as you're not syncing. rsync will
> also checksum data AFTER copying to verify the copy was successful.
>
> If you don't care about the rest, try the normal cp:
> 	cp -apu /path/to/source /path/to/destination

Hi Steven,

man cp:
    -u, --update
         copy only when the SOURCE file is newer than the
         destination file or when the destination file is missing

Hmmm.   I think I will give it a try.  Not finding one for
size is different.  Not sure that is an issue though

Thank you!

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.