SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2014

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 15:56:54 +1000
On 12/07/2014 3:49 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 10:44 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:

>>> Hi Pat,
>>>
>>> --modify-window=1
>>>        3 hr - 9 sec
>>>
>>> --modify-window=10
>>>        3 hr - 8 sec
>>>
>>> Rat!  I really though this sounded right
>>>

>>> I did notice that the bugger the file (with no changes)
>>> the longer it took.  So, I think they are still doing
>>> check sums.
>>>
>>> Any way to turn of the check sum testing?
>>
>> Now you're starting to get off task... How can you sync something if you
>> don't know if it matches? Sure, you can only go off timestamps
>
> How would I do size and time stamp?
>
> Virtually everything I modify will either be a different size
> and/or get a new time stamp.  I can not think of a reason
> why, in this instance, I'd need to do a check sum.

Then you don't want to use rsync - as you're not syncing. rsync will
also checksum data AFTER copying to verify the copy was successful.

If you don't care about the rest, try the normal cp:
	cp -apu /path/to/source /path/to/destination

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au