SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2014

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 19:00:09 +0200
On Jul 3, 2014, at 23:14 , Pat Riehecky wrote:

> Fermilab's intention is to continue the development and support of Scientific Linux and refine its focus as an operating system for scientific computing. Today we are announcing an alpha release of Scientific Linux 7.  We continue to develop a stable process for generating and distributing Scientific Linux, with the intent that Scientific Linux remains the same high quality operating system the community has come to expect.

Thank you!

[...]

> Send comments/issues/test reports to:

The sl-logos package is unsigned.

And I seem to be having weird problems kickstarting it onto a VM on an SL6 KVM host. The partitioning part of the ks file looks like this:

clearpart --initlabel --drives=vda --all
part   /boot              --ondisk vda --fstype xfs  --size     512 --asprimary --fsoptions "nobarrier"
part   pv.01              --ondisk vda               --size       1 --grow
volgroup vg00 pv.01
logvol /var/cache/afs     --vgname vg00 --fstype xfs  --size    1024 --name var_cache_afs --fsoptions "nobarrier,nosuid,nodev"
logvol swap               --vgname vg00               --size    2048 --name swap
logvol /                  --vgname vg00 --fstype xfs  --size   16384 --name root --fsoptions "nobarrier"
logvol /var               --vgname vg00 --fstype xfs  --size    6144 --name var --fsoptions "nobarrier,nosuid,nodev"
logvol /tmp               --vgname vg00 --fstype xfs  --size    4096 --name tmp --fsoptions "nobarrier,nosuid,nodev"

The installer tells me that /boot cannot be on type lvml and grinds to a halt. When I change everything to ordinary partitions, it fails to mount / (thus, /mnt/sysimage) and all package installs fail with messages like "... requires 2MB on th / filesystem" (which is clear, because that's readonly).

These ks files work as expected with TUV's installer. But please note that I haven't had time for thoroughly checking whether I'm doing something stupid, so please don't sink your teeth into it before it's confirmed.

[...]

> For organization sake, I'll ask that package/feature questions be put into their own email thread.

Ok.

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-