SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2014

Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 10:31:13 -0600
Hi All;

we have a failover tool (for a database) that pings te master and if
it's not responding runs ifdown over ssh to bring an ip alias down, then
runs ifup of the alias on the standby node.

A possible issue would be if the master was not reachable, thus the
ifdown fails and once the master becomes available again then we have 2
nodes with the ip alias and we risk a split brain issue

Is there a way to disable any traffic from getting to the old master via
commands we can run outside of the master server?

Thanks in advance