SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2014

From:
Dag Wieers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dag Wieers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2014 23:11:10 +0200
On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> Any rumors as to when EL 7 will be out?

There was an announcement today from Red Hat about a virtual event named
"Redefining the Enterprise OS" at June 10. The content seems to be
centered around RHEL7 features and functionality, so there is a big chance
that this is around the time RHEL7 goes GA.

I can only find this link online from a tweet:

     http://buff.ly/1uwrDQw

Beware that even when RHEL7 goes GA in June, I wouldn't put it into
production until RHEL7.1, possibly RHEL7.2 (about a year later) after
rigorous testing and integration. (Likely depends on your use-case though)

--
-- dag wieers, [log in to unmask], http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, [log in to unmask], http://dagit.net/