SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2014

From:
Scott Weikart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Weikart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2014 00:01:24 +0000
I've had much better luck with the IUS Community release of python2.7:

  sudo yum install http://dl.iuscommunity.org/pub/ius/stable/CentOS/6/x86_64/ius-release-1.0-11.ius.centos6.noarch.rpm &&
  sudo yum --enablerepo=ius install python27-distribute &&
  sudo easy_install-2.7 pip

which leaves you with:

  /usr/bin/python2.7
  /usr/bin/easy_install-2.7