SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2014 08:02:05 -0400
Don't use the main IP address for your traffic. Use a secondary,
virtual IP address on the same port or ports, say "ifcfg-eth0:1", and
tie it to any of the common VIP monitoring packages such as is used by
the master-master-mysql monitoring program. Basically, they
communicate over the available, primary IP address. If it's down, the
secondary VIP is kept down. When the primary address comes back down,
they negotiate over the primary address about which host to enable the
secondary VIP on.