SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2014

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 07:08:59 +1000
On 06/05/14 06:56, Pat Riehecky wrote:
> On 05/05/2014 03:42 PM, Mattieu Puel wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I would like to propose for review a patch adding a feature to
>> yum-autoupdate.
>>
>> The need is to enable/disable desired repositories during yum-autoupdate
>> execution.
>>
>> For instance, we want to enable SL updates while discarding the
>> repositories added after installation by the server end users
>> - which are not necessarily reliable for automatic updates.
>>
>> We added two options to the sysconfig file in order to achieve
>> this (ENABLEREPO and DISABLEREPO) which basically contain what
>> --enablerepo and --disablerepo yum options would.
>>
>> Do you see other/better means to do that ?
>> Do you think it's a desirable feature, worth merging ?
>>
>> Attached is a patch based on latest 2-6.3 version.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> Its certainly interesting, anyone else care to weigh in?

I think this is the wrong approach. If the repos are of 'questionable'
quality for every day use then they should be disabled (enabled=0) in
the repo file.

If you want to use them manually (which from what I understand is why
Mattieu wrote the patch?) they should be enabled with the yum
--enablerepo option. ie:
	yum --enablerepo=dogerepo install wow much-broken

If seems like the patch / new feature is more to add a broken workflow
to autoupdate.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]