SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:09:45 +0100
Hi,

1) If you have done it correctly, changes (including install of software) will be persistent. Be aware that if the changes uses more than 2 GB (your persistent
storage size), your USB stick will no longer boot! See also http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/usbdisk.html -> "Data Persistence and its Limitations"

2) Doing a google search: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/37779/how-do-i-boot-from-a-liveusb-using-qemu-kvm

3) 1x DVD read is 1.3 MB/s (10.5 Mbit/s), so a 24X DVD drive will be about 30 MB/s. I guess there is no speedup using a USB 2 flash drive.

Cheers,

     Urs