SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2014 01:31:32 -0800
On 2014/02/28 17:03, David Sommerseth wrote:
> On 28/02/14 14:33, jdow wrote:
>>
>> And for reasons I can't figure out kvm does not work on a Win7 host. (sarcasm)
>
> I'd say that's rather irrelevant, as the subject says installing
> virtualbox on SL.  Not running SL inside virtualbox on Windows7.

The specific error he saw is one I see, on BOTH virtual machines, when I
try to install the VB drivers on the SL6.5 guest OS. It seems to be
endemic in the beast. That suggests an error somewhere with nobody seeming
to be quite sure of what the right way to fix this might be. Since I see
the error installing VB drivers on a guest OS my logical presumption is
that there is a reasonable chance that either there are two very related
bugs or he was doing the same thing I was.

{o.o}