SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

From:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven J. Yellin
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 00:59:47 -0800
     If the atop daemon is running you should have files with a record of
what's going on during each 10 minute period.  For example, suppose your
current path is /var/log/atop, you want to look in the atop file for
3/2/2014 (whose name is "atop_20140302"), and want information about
commands like "ssh [log in to unmask]".

   atop -r atop_20140302 -P PRG | grep "x.fnal.gov" > x.txt

will put into file "x.txt" one line for each process alive during each 10
minute period, provided the line contains the string "x.fnal.gov".  Type
'man atop" for an explanation of the information on each line for the PRG
label.  Included in the information is the uid of who gave the ssh command
and when it was given.

Steven Yellin