SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:47:19 -0500
I run a data acquisition system I wrote under a minimal live SL system.  About 250MB.  I studied Urs' scripts, stole a bunch of his work, and wrote my own scripts to create my own live SL CD.

My systems are still running SL5x since I've not had time to update the scripts.  They are not as nice as Urs' live CDs but I was really after an appliance that I can cycle power on without worrying about saving data or corrupting an actual hard drive.

I can definitely recommend Urs' www.livecd.ethz.ch site.  If you need help, we can discuss this off-line.

Ken