SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

From:
"Kraus, Dave (GE Healthcare)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kraus, Dave (GE Healthcare)
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 22:23:37 +0000
Just a guess since I didn't see you say you did this - if yum-autoupdate was turned on, you may have gotten a new kernel installed and not realized it. When you rebooted, the driver for the ethernet port that  you got installed for the old kernel probably would need to be reinstalled for the new kernel. (Drivers usually get tied to specific kernel versions by recompiling/relinking to match up to that kernel's interfaces.)

If you did reinstall the driver, then others' suggestions may be more appropriate.