SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2014

From:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:19:48 -0500
Did you try a cold boot?  I have seen problematic network drivers that work after a cold boot, but fail if you do a warm boot on a box.

Have you tried "ethtool eth0"?  Does it show link detected?

It might be worth trying a live cd of something newer that would more likely support network of newer chipsets automatically at bootup, such as a live version of the latest fedora, ubuntu, or knoppix.