SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

March 2014

From:
Tim Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:36:43 +0000
Connie,

For completeness, in previous discussions, there was also a 4th choice that was recognised.

4. Adopt CentOS
          "RHEL binaries from CentOS
          "compose" is done at CentOS
          Add-on repositories for scientific specific RPMs as required

This has many of the Pros/Cons of option 3 but would also allow us potentially to have a stronger influence on CentOS core while having some less flexibility to deviate from the mainstream.

Tim