SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2014

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2014 14:04:52 +0100
On 09/02/14 07:25, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> For folks recommending Zimbra or Zarafa, I'd be very curious how they
> migrate data from Exchange clients. I'm sure that part's not just
> "drop-in replacement".

There are a few ways.

One is to use a utility provided in the Zimbra (not sure if it's only in
Network Edition or also in OSE), which will migrate selected or all user
accounts from Exchange to Zimbra.  This is a Windows binary.

Another approach for NE users is to do it per client, using
"drag'n'drop" using the Zimbra Outlook Connector.  Or in worst case
using IMAP (which works for NE and OSE).

Also via the Admin webUI, you can use the migration wizard.  I don't
remember now if it has embedded Exchange support.  But there's support
for migrating data from IMAP and other Zimbra servers at least.  You can
even provide a list of users via a file, containing username and
passwords for fully automated migration.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth