SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:07:13 -0800
On 01/17/2014 05:01 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 18 January 2014 00:36, ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> How do I run this java program to administer an Apple Airport router?
>> Do I need to compile it?
>>
>> http://edge.cs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/configurator_201.zip
>>
>> which is located on
>> http://edge.cs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
>>From the included documentation --
>
> [quote]
> Java-Based Airport Base Station Configurator
>
> The Airport Base Station Configurator is a Java application which is
> used to inspect and change the configuration of Apple's Airport Base
> Station. Apple itself offers software to provide this functionality;
> however, it requires a Macintosh running Mac OS 8.6 or greater to run.
> This application, being written entirely in Java, will run on any host
> which has a Java Runtime Environment installed, including
> Windows-based machines and most Unix variants.
>

> Running the Configurator
>
> To run the configurator, "cd" into the directory containing it and
> type "java -jar AirportConfigurator.jar". If you get an error message,
> you may not have the Java Runtime Environment installed. On Windows
> machines, you may alternately run the software by simply
> double-clicking on the file "AirportConfigurator.jar".
> [/quote]
>
> Alan.

Hi Alan,

    I forgot the "-jar" .  Ah poop.

    Thank you!

    Now to get it to actually do something.  I get the please wait
symbol, then nothing.  Maybe I actually have to have an Airport
router somewhere?  (I am making sure I can have something to
run on a customer's site.)

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.