SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
"James M. Pulver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M. Pulver
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:00:02 +0000
My interest here is if as suggested in the comments and the blog post from Karanbir Singh, CENTOS becomes a sort of in-between Fedora and RHEL (with the less stability that seems to imply to me), what is SLs contingency plan? Or does the community think that it really doesn't matter because SL can still build from RHEL sources, whatever CENTOS does?

One thing I see this doing is if CENTOS drifts towards Fedora, it's going to give the third party vendors a bit of a headache as right now I tend to see CENTOS get supported because they "have" to support RHEL. And that's where I really need SL to still be compatible with RHEL.

--
James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group