SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
Clint Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clint Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:04:25 -0800
Remember, every corporation has a legal responsibility to its shareholders
which usually looks like (and I quote from
<http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0119-04.htm> because the author has
experience as a corporate securities attorney and I am a physical
scientist with no legal training),

"the directors and officers of a corporation shall exercise their powers
and discharge their duties with a view to the interests of the corporation
and of the shareholders"

In essence that means, "the people who run corporations have a legal duty
to shareholders, and that duty is to make money"

It seems to me that Red Hat has achieved a balance between that
requirement and their social responsibility to the community.

Clint

Clint Bowman			INTERNET:	[log in to unmask]
Air Quality Modeler		INTERNET:	[log in to unmask]
Department of Ecology		VOICE:		(360) 407-6815
PO Box 47600			FAX:		(360) 407-7534
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

         USPS:           PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
         Parcels:        300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274