SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:57:00 -0600
On 01/13/2014 03:08 PM, jdow wrote:
> I figure this is a stupid question; but, is 6.5 really not ready for prime
> time yet? I see that the 6.5 repo tree appears to be open for business. But
> 6x seems to point to 6.4.
>
> {o.o}   Joanne

The 6.5 tree is available for testing (BETA 1) as of December 19.  It is
not officially released.  That means if you install against the 6.5 tree
at this time, if package fixes occur without version changes, you may
not get them later.

So, if you are ok wiping the machine after official release and want to
test, go for it.  If this is for production use, stay with 6.4 for the
time being.

-Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola