SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2014

From:
Carl Friedberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Friedberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:51:14 +0000
Let me add:

I am a complete newbie, and saw a reference to 6.5

Since everything was there in the tree just like earlier versions, I downloaded the 386 iso, burned the DVD and installed. I upgraded the existing 6.4 installation. I'm just starting to use the machine, so this is no big disaster.

I do have a problem. I had put ATRPMS in my list of repos, and now I get an error because yum is looking for  link to el 6.5-i386 , but it is not there (at least, not for 32 bit). el6.4-i386 is there, as is el6.5-x86_64.

Is there a way to work around this? I am not using ATRPMS for anything; I intend to install mythTV down the road (you can tell the kind of user I am; I' ve been thinking about this for  years, but we were given a slingbox)...

My goal now is much simpler: I just want to get owfs running so I can read my one thermocouple...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
 * elrepo: mirror.symnds.com
 * rpmforge: mirror.lug.udel.edu
 * sl: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
 * sl-security: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
 * sl6x: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
 * sl6x-security: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
http://dl.atrpms.net/el6.5-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: atrpms. Please verify its path and try again

Carl Friedberg
www.comets.com
http://about.me/carl.friedberg