SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2013

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:45:02 -0500
I see this elsewhere, so others are seeing the issue in the
RHEL 6.5 updates in rebuilds, which we also are seeing at
'assimilation'

> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: sci-l-d] java-1.7.0-openjdk update
> Redhat recently made a change to their java-1.7.0-openjdk
> package and the new package provides the 'java' virtual
> dependency and no longer provides the 'java7' virtual
> dependency. Their errata page:
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2013-1611.html The
> removal of the java7 virtual dependency breaks several Open
> Science Grid packages that depend on it

Obviously adding a 'dummy' package to provide 'java7' and to
require a 'openjdk' >= that new package is well possible

I have several examples, starting with 'dummy-*' at:
	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/

written to solve lots of (disappointed) packaging expectations
of various vendors over time

Also as to neo4j, a new SRPM and .spec file are now at:
	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/local/ORC/assimilation/

as:
	neo4j-1.9-0.1.M05_1.orc6.src.rpm
	neo4j.spec

and will move into:
	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/assimilation/

tomorrow

-- Russ herrold