SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2013

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:10:05 -0500
If I may suggest, don't mirror from the primary site unless you are
setting up a primary mirror for others. They have limited bandwidth
and resources: Find a local mirror and update from them. I also
suggest:

    --exclude=i386 # Exclude architectures you don't need
    --bwlimit=100 # Limit your bandwidth on upstrem repositors, be
nice about it.
    --update-after # Leaves your local repository unmodified until complete

And a lockfile to prevent multiple copies of your script from piling
up, especially if you've got this on a cron job.