SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2013

From:
Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:13:35 -0700
On 11/12/2013 04:57 PM, Jim Fait wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I am setting up a LDAP directory server for authentication of a group of machines on 6.4, using the 389-dirsrv packages.  When I set up the server to start using TLS/SSL as an option, it prompts for the password to the certificate store.  According to the documentation, it should be possible to set up a password file for the certificate store to be used on startup, but when I attempt this, it still prompts for the password and fails if I am not there to type it in.  Anyone using a similar setup, and how to get around this problem. I have a older LDAP server that is dieing, and I want to get a new one ready and in service before the old one packs it in.

You don't mention what you've actually done, so it's hard to say what
you might be doing wrong.  I'm assuming you are following:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Preparing_PIN.2Fpassword_files_for_the_certificate_databases

Although our username is "dirsrv" instead of "ldap".  Yes, it works for us.

You should ask on the 389 discussion list - they are very helpful.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  [log in to unmask]