SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2013

From:
Jim Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Fait <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:57:17 -0600
Hi All:

I am setting up a LDAP directory server for authentication of a group of machines on 6.4, using the 389-dirsrv packages.  When I set up the server to start using TLS/SSL as an option, it prompts for the password to the certificate store.  According to the documentation, it should be possible to set up a password file for the certificate store to be used on startup, but when I attempt this, it still prompts for the password and fails if I am not there to type it in.  Anyone using a similar setup, and how to get around this problem. I have a older LDAP server that is dieing, and I want to get a new one ready and in service before the old one packs it in.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

RPMs:
389-ds-base-libs-1.2.11.15-22.el6_4.x86_64
389-ds-console-doc-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch
389-admin-1.1.29-1.el6.x86_64
389-console-1.1.7-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-1.2.2-1.el6.noarch
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-22.el6_4.x86_64
389-admin-console-doc-1.1.8-1.el6.noarch
389-dsgw-1.1.10-1.el6.x86_64
389-adminutil-1.1.15-1.el6.x86_64
389-ds-console-1.2.6-1.el6.noarch
389-admin-console-1.1.8-1.el6.noarch