SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:52:16 -0700
Quoting from a previous post on this subject (thread) not from me:

UEFI is part of the old "Palladium" project from Microsoft, relabeled as
"Trusted Computing". It is aimed squarely at DRM and vendor lock-in, not
security

End quote.

Is the above language inflammatory?  If not, how is my language
inflammatory?  Mine merely restates in plain blunt English "DRM and
vendor lock-in", or so I intended.

Yasha Karant