SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
"Aaron K. Reffett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron K. Reffett
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:13:33 +0000
> > As I read it the afs startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs does not
> > permit the case of a cell not being in the CellServDB file even if you
> > enable ENABLE_AFSDB to append the -afsdb command line switch.
>
> yes, that check has been there ~forever.
>
> If it's a problem for you, you can either provide a CellServDB with your cell
> included or remove the check from the init script.

If that is the case then /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB needs to be %config(noreplace) in the RPM spec or it'll get updated the next time openafs-client updates which would, again, kill AFS on the client.

I ran in to this issue with our private cell and rolled a new set of RPMs with this directive set and froze all clients from updating AFS.

~Aaron