SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Areeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:47:50 -0700
Tom,

Just a couple of comments:

It sounds like you have one device that is acting like the DSL modem,
and a NAT router.  Is that correct you have a single box?  If so what is
the make & model?

It also seems like this device seems like it thinks it can act as a DNS
server, perhaps caching or just forwarding.  I suspect there is some set
up for that.

I found this page www.cyberciti.biz/faq/dhclient-etcresolvconf-hooks/
which offers a few ways to use static dns addresses rather than get them
from DHCP.  I personally like Option #3.

Joe