SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
Tom Rosmond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Rosmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:26:12 -0700
Shane,

Unfortunately, your suggestion didn't make any difference.  But your
observation about my modem being misconfigured is probably correct, and
I have been looking at all the settings to see what could be the source
of the trouble.  Nothing apparent yet.  Maybe I need a new modem.

BTW, I didn't see the 'not available' response for port 53, which makes
sense I guess since I still see the delay.  And I am pretty sure port 53
is correct.  Frustrating.

Thanks,

T. Rosmond