SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
TAO Zhijiang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TAO Zhijiang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:05:12 +0800
于 2013-9-1 21:35, Akemi Yagi 写道:
> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Also you should always use VMware tools to sync your time instead of NTP on
>> VMware virtual machines.
>> VMWare hypervisor plays games with the clock on purpose and can cause a VM
>> with NTP enabled to behave erratically.
> Please have a look at the vmware article I quoted earlier (Timekeeping
> best practices for Linux guests). It says:
>
> "VMware recommends you to use NTP instead of VMware Tools periodic
> time synchronization. NTP is an industry standard and ensures accurate
> timekeeping in your guest."In
>
> Akemi

Well, tell you the trueth.
I will frequently change my kernel, so everytime I may reinstall the
vmware-tools, which will
really make me mad.

In effect, I can do it with contrab through some public internet ntp
time server, for example update
the time and write to hwclock every minute, it really works fine.

But sometime I may not have access to the internet, so when offline, the
guest time will not be updated
correctly, and when next time update time with outside ntp time server,
everything will go wrong.

I really want the vmware guest will fellow the time of host,.

Any idea? I am so tired and out of hand ;-(