SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
Tom Rosmond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Rosmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2013 13:18:14 -0700
T,

Yes, using an IP address rather than 'google.com' give MUCH faster SL
response.  Unfortunately the problem isn't just for Google, I get slow
that isn't present with XP.  Are you saying that the reason XP avoids
this is because of DNS caching that is a security problem.  I am all for
security, but the cost in browser response seems very high.

T. Rosmond