SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 01:35:09 +0200
On 07/09/13 00:18, Elias Persson wrote:
> On 2013-09-06 18:25, Konstantin Olchanski wrote:
>> P.S. Time to renew my eternal complaint -
>>
>> ?!?WHY DO BUSTED UPDATES TO SOME JUNK PACKAGE BLOCK ALL SECURITY UPDATES?!?
>>
>> Why can't "they" fix it already now (in yum, in yum-autoupdate, etc)?
>>

> Possible workaround:
>
> Add to yum.conf
>
>    skip_broken = 1
>
> (possibly after cloning it and changing CONFIGFILE in sysconfig)

I would strongly recommend *against* doing such changes in yum.conf.

Yum updates should by default work very well, and by skipping broken packages
you might introduce some new issues without seeing them so easily.

Rather use --skip-broken on the command line when you can supervise what
you're doing.  It should be rather seldom you would need to use this option at
all.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth