SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2013

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:06:14 +0200
On 05/09/13 16:49, taozhijiang wrote:
> If you've never heard about ecb & cedet.
> Then what you will do with emacs?
>
> Cedet --> Emacs for developres.

Ehh!?!?  I've been using emacs for more than a decade more or less,
doing primarily development.  And I can't ever remember having heard
about cedet at all.

When I see it is an attempt to make Emacs become more like an IDE, I
just shrugs at it.  The reason I use Emacs is because I want a powerful
editor and not an IDE.  Which is probably why I've never discovered
cedet to start with.

So your sarcastic comment quite is far off, at least from my emacs
universe ... and I doubt I'm alone with this opinion ...

--
kind regards

David Sommerseth