SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2013

From:
"Winkelmann, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Winkelmann, Marc
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:45:53 +0200
Hi!

I have a HP Z400 workstation with a BIOS RAID (?). This is not a real
hardware RAID like the ones in a server with /dev/cciss or /dev/sda.

When I do an interactive installation I am presented in the storage
configuration with a /dev/md127 device and the display "BIOS RAID". I
can't configure a software RAID manually.

In a kickstart installation I do not seem to be able to access this BIOS
RAID device. I get two separate harddisks which I could assemble in a
software RAID.

How can I use this BIOS RAID?

Thank You
mad