SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2013

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:32:25 +0200
On 07/08/13 19:03, Howard, Chris wrote:
> I've installed sl(EL5.9) on new Dell R720 hardware.
> I installed as x86_64 with the knowledge that
> Oracle app server requires i386.  I think there
> is some way to run i386 apps.
>
> I need a pointer about how to run i386 when my
> server has both on it.  Is it an environment
> variable?  PATH setting ?

Hi Chris,

This should be fairly straight forward.  You just need to "yum install"
the needed 32 bit system libraries your Oracle app server depends on.
Then you just start things as normal.

If you are missing some needed 32bit libraries, the app server will fail
to start and the logs will hopefully tell you which libraries you're
lacking.

For a starter, you can start by doing: yum install glibc.i686

kind regards,

David Sommerseth