SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2013

From:
David Sommerseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:07:14 +0200
On 16/06/13 17:31, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I need the current ufraw plugin plus support files for gimp.
>>
>> I could find:  ufraw-0.19.2-2.fc17.1 rpm
>>
>> for Fedora 17, but this will not install into SL 6x .  According to the
>> ufraw URL, the above ufraw release does support the raw digital image
>> formats we need.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>
> NuxRo's repo has ufraw 0.18-2:
>
> http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=ufraw
>
> If you need 0.19, try compiling it from the fc17 source. There might
> be some dependency issue though.

Just what I would suggest as well.  Pull down the src.rpm package and do:

    $ rpmbuild --rebuild $SRC_RPM

This will be some iterations to get proper -devel packages installed.
But if you start to need other source packages, then it will be
considerably harder - as that may break your SL installation if you
update some commonly shared libraries.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth