SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2013

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:58:25 -0400
> We suspect that the problem is caused by the kernel upgrade

Have you tried booting your old/original kernel? Unless you've removed
it, it should still be there and selectable on the grub boot screen.
That should help narrow down if it's really the kernel, or if
something else changed along the way to cause the problem.

> We all really pissed off for spending a whole day
> on this problem

I have a theory. You know how dogs and wolves seem to sense fear and
use that to their advantage? I think computers sense frustration, and
that just encourages them :).

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.