SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 07:07:31 -0700
I have used Scribus, and it does work.  Another alternative is PDFedit.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfedit/

with

http://www.ehow.com/how_7513242_create-fillable-form-pdf-linux.html

for details on the creation of forms.

Another option is PDFcreator:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/?source=recommended

PDFcreator only runs under MS Windows if memory serves; as you are using
Adobe Acrobat that also is not available for Linux, I am assuming that
you are either using a virtual environment with a MS Windows guest OS
and then MS Windows applications (I personally use VirtualBox X86-64
current with MS Windows 7 Pro IA-32 under VirtualBox), or possibly
CrossOver/wine that does not work nearly as well.

I have mentioned to a Qoppa person the need for forms support, and am
awaiting an answer.

I still use Qoppa PDFStudio Pro for general PDF editing, such as grading
student work or completing university forms.  If I must create PDF, I
either use Open/LibreOffice and export to PDF, or a LaTeX system that
also creates PDF (the latter for any document with higher mathematics).

Yasha Karant