SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2013

Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:19:23 -0500
I'd appreciate some more details on how you implement the Mozilla update
protocol in an (not quite) enterprise environment.  IOW, not hundreds or
thousands of machines but enough to make manual updates unfeasable.

Isn't mozilla's update user-based?  When a user launches firefox, the browser
checks for updates, and if there is a newer version, asks the user to download
and install it.  What do you do if the user has no privileges to install
software?

Thanks!