SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 12:08:58 -0700
The latest ClamAV that I can find pre-ported fro SL6 x86-64 is

http://pkgs.repoforge.org/clamav/clamd-0.97.7-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm

Will this RPM "override" dependencies in the "stock" SL distribution?
EL (and Linux in general) does not seem to have reliable polymorphism --
the default for these sorts of dependencies generally does not seem to
install a different executable/library sub-tree independent of the stock
distribution except in so far as the same files (e.g., libraries) are used.

However, ClamAV still appears to be pre-production (0.x, not 1.x).  Is
it stable and useful?

Yasha Karant