SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2013

From:
"James M. Pulver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M. Pulver
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2013 15:02:50 +0000
I haven't spent much time with LyX, but that would have been my first thought. I didn't know that it can export to LaTeX. I will have to look at that - does the BaKoMa TeX actually generate and save LaTeX? I believe that the reason we haven't pushed LyX is the actual file you're working on *isn't* LaTex. The site license of ~ 1500 euros isn't cost prohibitive *if* it includes the 3 platforms and not just one, though we might get it for just Linux I suppose. We do need some way to try and convince people to use LaTeX rather than Word...

--
James Pulver
LEPP Computer Group