SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2013

From:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andras Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 08:18:15 +0200
1) install live cd tools
su -c "yum install livecd-tools spin-kickstarts createrepo"

2) create 2 files: sl_live_config.ks, sl_live_create.sh

3) make the contents of these file be:

sl_live_config.ks:

lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
repo --name=epel
--mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=$basearch
repo --name=local --baseurl=file:///home/user/configs/myrepo

%include sl6rolling-livecd64-gnome.ks

%packages

@office
@Development Tools
@yourgroup-3
@yourgroup-4
@yourgroup-n

bind-utils
dstat
yourpackage-3
yourpackage-4
yourpackage-n

%end

sl_live_create.sh:

#!/bin/sh
# create a SL live CD

DIR="livecd-config"

# create local repository with custom packages
MYREPO="/home/user/configs/myrepo"
mkdir -p "$MYREPO"
# these are the usb_modeswitch packages for 3G mobile modems
cp -f my_custom_packages*.rpm "$MYREPO"
createrepo "$MYREPO"

mkdir "$DIR"
svn co https://svn.iac.ethz.ch/pub/livecd/trunk/SL6/"$DIR"
cp -f sl_live_config.ks "$DIR"
cd "$DIR"

# to make x64 version on x64 host
# su -c "LANG=C setarch i386 livecd-creator --config=sl_live_config.ks --fslabel=sl_live"

su -c "LANG=C livecd-creator --config=sl_live_config.ks --fslabel=sl_live"

You can as well leave out the myrepo part if you don't want to copy
extra rpms on the live media that can't be found in the main repos.
Then remove this line from the .ks file too:

repo --name=local --baseurl=file:///home/user/configs/myrepo