SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 10:28:09 -0700
This issue is quibbling.   The students are educated as engineers by
your definition, but are not actually making the design or configuration
decisions.  We do discuss such things as a group, so that the students
learn not only the theory but the "practical" considerations concerning
a particular application or sub-environment.  We are not engaged in
vocational training ("voc ed"), but in the education of scientists and
engineers, with the intent that some will proceed through a relevant
earned PhD (or non-USA equivalent).

Aside from this title/job description, does anyone have familiarity with
the web advertised course?  If so, and if the respondent also has
familiarity with Nemeth et al., how do these compare?

Yasha Karant