SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2013

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:44:44 -0700
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I tested the nonPAE with an old Dell Inspiron 510m (Pentium M) laptop. The
> normal SL LiveCD did not boot, whereas the nonPAEworks without a problem.
> Any opinion, whether the nonPAE LiveCD should be released? Maybe marked as
> unsupported?
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Urs

If I'm allowed to make a suggestion here, I'd say "release as
unsupported". kernel-lt is declared as "not for production use"
 by ELRepo. In reality it's been helping many users who have issues
with the distro kernel. Nevertheless, it is "unsupported".

nonPAE LiveCD will be the only way to try and install SL for people
with this particular hardware.

Akemi